The Test of Applause

>> Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Our oldest grand (in red and white)
Fall 2016






"... whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." (1 Cor. 10:31)



Praise of my children's books is rare, so a recent, complimentary letter tickled me to my toes. The young reader wrote:

Dear Mrs. Glassco,
I loved the frog book. It is the best book I ever read!!! I liked Mr. Greenleaf and Daniel Coon. It was cool how you used some Bible names. Thank you very much for the book.
Asher, age 10

However, because I know my flesh has prodigious potential for pride, I see flattery as a spoken hot potato - a thing never to hold but to quickly pass to Jesus to whom all glory belongs.

Proverbs 27:21 says "fire tests the purity of silver and gold, but a person is tested by being praised." 

Lord, help us pass the test of applause by passing it up to You!







0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP