Ablaze

>> Thursday, July 6, 2017

L-R Grands #2, #3, and #1
4th of July fireworks






This is why I remind you to fan into flames the spiritual gifts God gave you..." (2 Timothy 1:6)



Because beach trips and 4th of July celebrations kicked my heart and mind into vacation mode, yesterday, I asked the Lord Jesus to please shift me back to work mode - filling me with His Holy Spirit and fanning into flames the God-given ability to write the Bible study for the fall. 

Jim Elliott, an evangelical Christian who was one of five missionaries martyred in 1956 while reaching out to the Auca people of Ecuador, once said, "Am I ignitable? God deliver me from the dread asbestos of 'other things.' Saturate me with the oil of the Spirit that I may be aflame. But flame is transient and short-lived...Pour out my life as an offering for the world. Make me Thy fuel, Flame of God!"

Are you ablaze for the Lord Jesus Christ, beloved? 


0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP