Guest Writer: Load vs. Burden

>> Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Rebecca's babies #1 and #2
2007





"Cast your cares on the LORD and He will sustain you; He will never let the righteous be shaken."  (Psalm 55:22)




Guest writer: Rebecca Jill (5 days ago)

In Beth Guckenberger's book, Start with Amen, she talks about the difference between loads and burdens. She points out that Gal. 6:2 says, "Carry each other's burdens..." and in Gal. 6:5 it says, "Each one should carry their own load...." Beth says that it is critical to be able to discern the difference between a load and a burden. She also explains that "we need to not only carry our backpack [load] but also allow others to carry their own."

This week I have wanted to carry my daughter's load. She is homesick at camp. While she learns to trust God through this time, I am learning to trust God with her. If I had rescued her from camp and homesickness, I would have robbed her from the blessings God has poured upon her during this struggle. How ever painful it's been to know she's struggling, I am confident that God is working so much more good in her life than I could have, and my pain is temporary compared to the eternal truths she's learning.


Rebecca is a creative, athletic, stay-at-home mom of three great kids and married to her best friend since 7th grade, Stephen (a children's ministry director at their life-giving, mid-western church and God's incredible answer to twenty years of prayers that my daughter would marry a God-chosen "ana duo" - companion in the work of the Gospel of Jesus Christ).


0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP