Afresh and Anew

>> Thursday, February 28, 2019





Jesus said, "Put out into the deep water and let down your nets for a catch." (Luke 5:4)


My Phillip and I paddled across our flooded pond at the farm yesterday to retrieve a 70-pound tire press that had floated into the neighbors' yard! (It reminded me of the Old Testament story of Elisha and the floating ax head in 2 Kings Chapter 6.)

Five years ago, through a New Testament Bible story about Jesus and some fishermen, I believe God instructed me to put out into the deep sea of humanity to tell others about Him through storybooks, this blog, and women's Bible studies. Through the recent flooded Coosa River, the Lord refueled afresh and anew His "deep-water" charge.

Today, beloved, I pray that you hear the voice of Jesus saying, "My child, put out into the deep sea of humanity and tell others about Me! For we must work the works of Him who sent Me as long as it is day; night is coming when no one can work." (John 9:4)

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP