What in the World Should We Do

>> Monday, February 4, 2019

my boy and grandboys




"...pursue righteousness living, faithfulness, love, and peace..." (2 Timothy 2:22)


What in the world should a lover of Jesus do in a nation where a Virginia lawmaker proposed two bills: one to terminate the life of a child up to full-term, mid-delivery and another to protect the life of a cankerworm! Unbelievable.

Through the writings of Paul, beloved, God makes our instructions crystal clear: 

My children: "Pursue righteousness living, faithfulness, love, and peace...with those who call on Me with a pure heart. Don't get entangled in foolish, ignorant arguments. Do not quarrel. Instead, be kind to everyone, able to teach, and patient with difficult people. Gently instruct those who oppose the truth. Perhaps I will change those people's hearts and they will learn the truth. For they have been held captive by the devil to do whatever he wants." (2 Timothy 2:22-26)

"You should know this, My children, that in the last days there will be very difficult times. For people will be lovers of self and money, boastful, proud, scoffing at Me, disobedient to parents. They will consider nothing sacred and have no self-control. They will be cruel and hate what is good." (2 Timothy 3:1-3)

Therefore, My children, "work hard to show the results of your salvation, obeying Me with deep reverence and fear. For I am working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases Me. Do everything without complaining and arguing. Live like bright lights in a world full of crooked and perverse people. Hold firm to My word of life." (Philippians 2:12-16)

Finally, have hope, My children. For as I foretold Daniel over twenty-six hundred years ago, "one day I will finish the rebellion, put an end to sin, atone for the guilt of My people, and bring in everlasting righteousness." (Daniel 9:24)

Got it, beloved? Fear and obey God. Be kind. Be gentle. Love. Teach truth. Have hope. Shine!


0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP