Whatever

>> Friday, February 1, 2019

Grandboy teaching 2-year olds
2016ish?



"He made David their king. God testified concerning him: 'I have found David son of Jesse, a man after my own heart; he will do everything I want him to do." (Acts 13:22)


When we moved to Shelby County in 1994 and joined Valleydale Baptist, I told God, "Lord, I'll teach any group over 5 years old." 

I heard Him chuckle and say, "No, Jill, you'll teach wherever I want you to," upon which He quickly dropped me into a 3-year-old Sunday School class. 

The book of Acts in the New Testament is the account of the "acts" of the apostles after Jesus' death, burial, resurrection, and ascension back to heaven. In chapter 13, Dr. Luke records that Paul and his companions sailed to Perga and then on to Pisidian Antioch. On the Sabbath, they entered the synagogue, and the leaders asked, "If you have a word for us, please speak!"

Paul promptly stood up and recounted Jewish history from the time of slavery in Egypt to the Good News of salvation through Jesus Christ, the recently murdered Savior. In his sermon, Paul described David as a man after God's own heart who did whatever God wanted him to do. Thus King David served God's purposes in his own generation.

Oh Lord, today, please help us to do everything You want us to do and to serve Your purposes in our own generation - in Jesus' name and for Your glory!






0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP