Antsy Pants

>> Wednesday, October 9, 2013

My Dan, on the heights of the Shenandoah National Park, 2001
"Do not be anxious about anything..." (Phi. 4:6a)


         When a book is published, the marketing phase normally involves author interviews on radio and television. Yesterday, my publicist called to tell me that I have an appearance on abc 33/40's "Talk of Alabama" with Nicole Allshouse next Tuesday, Oct. 15th at 9:00 a.m.. When I got off the phone, I asked Jesus to please change my antsy-pants frame of mind to caaaaaaaaalm-as-a cucumber.
         Today's devotional in L.B. Cowman's Streams in the Desert reads:
      "Quite a few Christians live in a terrible state of anxiety, constantly fretting over the concerns of life...What good has worrying ever accomplished? It has never made anyone stronger, helped anyone do God's will, or provided for anyone a way of escape out of their anxiety or confusion. Worry only destroys the effectiveness of lives that would otherwise be useful...So scale the heights of a life abandoned to God, and your perspective will change to the point that you will look down on the clouds beneath your feet." (Darlow Sargeant)

         Are you an antsy-pants - sitting on pins and needles dismayed, disquieted, anxious, apprehensive, and worried? God says, "Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you. I will help you. I will uphold you with my victorious right hand (Isa. 41:10)!"
         Let us be strong and courageous, my friend, for the Lord our God will be with us wherever we go (Joshua 1:9), helping us in whatever circumstance we face!

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP