God Can Change the Teeth of Lions!

>> Wednesday, October 2, 2013

My Ben, age 7


"...things work out when you trust in God." (Prov. 16:20b, The Message)

      
     At 7, my Ben studied and studied this picture of the lamb beside the lion and then asked, "When God changes the world, what will the lions eat?"
      I said, "That's a good question, Ben. Let's see what God tells us in the Bible."
"And the wolf will dwell with the lamb, and the leopard will
lie down with the young goat, and the calf and the young lion
and the fatling together; and a little boy shall lead them."
(Isa. 11:6)

      Together, we found Isaiah 11:7 which reads, "Also the cow and the bear will graze, their young will lie down together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox."  
       With no doubts and in unwavering faith - fully believing God will do what He says He will do - Ben said, "Cool! But He'll have to change their teeth!"
       
        This past summer, my heart sank when I learned the retail price assigned to Secrets of Shiloh, because I'd hoped my storybook would be affordable for most families. When I took my concerns to Jesus, I believe He reassured me, "Jill, trust Me to work things out."
         
        The Lord is worthy to be trusted! God of the universe who parted the Red Sea, raised the dead, and will one day change the teeth of lions is able to work out your problems, too! So, today, let not your heart be troubled - trust Jesus!
          

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP