Need a Lift?

>> Monday, October 14, 2013

Phillip working to lift a huge limb out of the creek

"He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out of the mud and the mire. He set my feet on solid ground and steadied me as I walked along. He has given me a new song to sing, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see what He has done and be amazed. They will put their trust in the Lord!" (Psalm 40:2-3)

         A few weeks ago, a giant red oak crashed to the ground on our farm. In the picture above, Phillip is working to get just one limb of that big tree out of the creek. A heavy chain and powerful tractor easily lifted what man could not. And God has done the same for every believer in Jesus Christ. 

         Every single man, woman, boy, or girl born on this earth dwells in the muddy pit of our own sin. It is written: "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" (Rom. 3:23). That pit is a grave of death, and there is NO way for us to get ourselves out! But God offers each of us a lift - the free gift of eternal life through faith in His Son Jesus Christ. Hear this, my friend, Jesus died so you might live! "In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses" (Eph. 1:7).

        Recently, I came face to face with someone accused of committing a heinous crime. Deep within my own soul, I wrestled with the question: Do I really believe in the sufficiency of Jesus' blood? Do I really trust that the blood of Jesus is able and enough to pay for the darkest scarlet sin? My conclusion? YES!!!  YES!!!  YES!!!

"[God] has not dealt with [any of] us according to our sins, nor rewarded us according to our iniquities! For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is His lovingkindness toward [all] those who fear Him. As far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us" (Psalm 103:10-12). "Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me bless His holy name...who has pardoned ALL our iniquities...who redeems our life from the pit" (Psalm 103:1-3)!

        Dear one, know, understand, and believe that the blood of Jesus is adequate to cleanse away ALL your sins! Believe on Jesus Christ today!

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP