Hey Cow!

>> Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Cows in the countryside, Shelby County, Alabama
(one looked at us!)

"Don't copy the behavior...of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect...Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to...you." (Rom. 12:2-3)

         One of my Rebecca's favorite games as a teen and still today is "hey cow". Game Rules: when riding by a cow pasture, roll down the car window and yell, "Hey cow!" One point is earned for every cow that looks at you (and is probably thinking, people are SO weird!).
          This week, I had a couple of "hey mama!" moments that got my attention! I'd asked for prayers regarding this morning's interview on abc 33/40's "Talk of Alabama", and out of the mouths of two of my babes, all grown up, came:

          "Hey Mama!" my Ben said. "You know when you worry about how you'll sound or what you'll say, you're really thinking about yourself. Just focus on God and what He wants to say through you!"

          "Hey Mama!" Rebecca emailed. "A while back, I wrote something that might help your insecurities and self-criticism of your southern accent, etc. I hope it encourages you." 
         Rebecca wrote: 

         Very, very few times have I known that God spoke to me. 
         But a few weeks ago, I'm sure it was God
         speaking directly to me. 

         I'd been worrying about disappointing someone. I felt like I'd
         let them down, and the world was disapproving of my
         actions. So I told myself, Rebecca, you have an audience of
         One. It doesn't matter what other people think about you. 
         You're not performing for people, you are performing for
         God...Then a jolt stopped me in mid-thought, and God 
         clearly said, "I am not the audience, REBECCA. YOU'RE
         THE AUDIENCE."

         The burden I'd carried for so long had been vanquished. No
         longer am I held captive by the pressures of performing for 
         anyone - not even for God! [Jesus is center stage.] I'm the
         audience, and all I have to do is respond to Him and the work 
         He is doing!

         Hey Friends! I'm passing on to you my children's wise advice: Don't worry, focus on Jesus, and enjoy the work He has set before you!

"Therefore...let us lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith!" (Heb. 12:1-2)

           


0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP