The Jesus of Steel Magnolias

>> Friday, October 25, 2013

My great-grandparents' 50th anniversary, 1950




"One generation shall praise Your works to another, and shall declare Your mighty acts!" (Psalm 145:4)



        During the Great Depression of the 1930s, my great-grandmother literally did not have a dime to buy a pair of badly-needed shoes, but Jesus sustained.
        While in their 20s, my grandfather died of pneumonia leaving my grandmother to rear and provide for two small children, and Jesus supplied.
        While my father served overseas during World War II, my mother contracted tuberculosis and resided in a TB sanatorium until her full recovery. Jesus strengthened.  
        Three generations of steel magnolias sustained, supplied, and strengthened by their God, the Lord Jesus Christ, blazed a note-worthy walk-by-faith trail for generations to follow.


My family, 2008
The next three generations
             I'm a grandmother, now. "I have been young and now I am old, yet I have not see the righteous forsaken or his descendants begging bread...For the Lord loves justice and does not forsake His godly ones; they are preserved forever...For the Lord is good; His lovingkindness is everlasting and His faithfulness to all generations!" (Psalm 37:25,28, Psalm 100:5)

             May all who come behind us find us faithful!

         
           

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP