Unshackled!!!

>> Wednesday, October 16, 2013

My grandchildren running free, autumn 2011
(photo by my Rebecca)


"But about midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns of praise to God, and the prisoners were listening to them; and suddenly there came a great earthquake...and immediately all the doors were opened
and everyone's chains were unfastened!"
                                            (Acts 15:25-26)




         Yesterday, my wise husband casually commented, "Isn't it good to know that your storybooks are exactly at the place God wants them to be." 
           Hmmm, what's this, I thought, as I shifted the chain hanging heavily about my neck, trying to get more comfortable.
           "That the annoying chain of CONTROL," the Lord gently whispered. "Ever since I gave you this storybooks assignment, you do what I tell you to do, but then you struuuuuuggle and strrrrrrrain - laboring to produce the outcome. That's My job, remember? Your job is to listen, obey, pray, and enjoy the ride!"
           Immediately, that chain fell off. "Whew! That feels better, Lord!"
            "Your welcome, Jill."

      What has you shackled? Addiction? Anger? Jealousy? Bitterness? Unforgiveness? Sexual immorality? Control? or something else? "Rise up, O captive [sons and daughters]; loose the chains  from your neck (Isa. 52:2)! "Let us lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us RUN with endurance the race that is set before us, fixing our eyes on Jesus" (Heb. 12:1-2)!

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP