Lip Lock!

>> Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Dr. and Mrs. Igou and me
Smoky Mt. Camp Ground, 1964

"Take control of what I say, O Lord, and guard my lips." (Psalm 141:3)


      Look at my mouth - wide open and talking 90 miles an hour - in this picture of me as an eight-year-old. My granddaddy once offered me a nickel if I'd be quiet for 10 minutes!

      Yesterday, I let careless words spew from my mouth that hurt a precious friend's feelings. I'm so grateful for God's forgiveness and hers!

      Do you ever let harmful words slip from your lips or is that sin unique to me alone? If you've spoken things you regret, I urge you to initiate the reconciliation process IMMEDIATELY - go quickly to the one you've offended and plead for forgiveness.

"Therefore repent and return, so that your sins may be wiped away, in order that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord!" (Acts 3:19)

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my rock and  my Redeemer!" (Psalm 19:14)

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP