A Little "Peace" of Heaven

>> Friday, October 23, 2015

Coosa River behind our cabin





Jesus said, "I am leaving you a gift - peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don't be troubled or afraid." (John 14:27 NLT)



As teenagers, hours of superman's and my dating time were enjoyed at Weiss Lake on the Coosa River with Phillip's family. Going to his sister and brother-in-law's lake cabin meant good times and free food, boating, and skiing.

And now, as grandparents, hours of superman's and my get-away time are enjoyed on that same Coosa River about a hundred miles down stream, and our kids and grands get the free food, boating, and skiing. (smile) My daddy used to say, "The river to Phillip is just a little piece of heaven on earth."

In John chapter 14, Jesus promised His followers a little "peace" of heaven on earth. His promise: Although He would soon return to heaven, one day He undoubtedly will return!

Need peace, beloved? Rest in the promises of God!

"When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou hast taught me to say,
It is well, it is well with my soul."1


1 IT IS WELL WITH MY SOUL. Horatio G. Stafford. 1873.





0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP