Step Out of Traffic

>> Saturday, October 17, 2015

My back porch refuge



"Step out of the traffic! Take a long, loving look at Me, your High God...above everything." (Psalm 46:10 The Message)



Over the weekend, a nasty cold stopped me in my tracks, so I tossed the "to-do" list to the wind. I took a two hour nap on my back porch, watched "17 Miracles" (the Willie Handcart Company's 1856 perilous trek to Salt Lake City movie), read David Wilkerson's classic The Cross and the Switchblade, Oswald Chambers' If You Will Ask, Reflections on the Power of Prayer, and in the stillness, reconnected with my God - Father, Jesus Christ, and Holy Spirit.

Beloved, are you overextended, burning the candle at both ends, spread thinner than a penny on a freight train track? Be still, cease striving, step out of the traffic, and soak in the revitalizing Presence of God.





0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP