Great Benefit Package

>> Thursday, October 22, 2015



My beloved son-in-law and sweet grandgirl
safe in father's arms


"Though a thousand fall at your side, though ten thousand are dying around you, these evils will not touch you." (Psalm 91:7 NLT)


I asked the Lord what He'd like to tell the world today and then came across a rather obscure story tucked in the Old Testament inside the book of Jeremiah.

In Jeremiah chapter 39,  the mighty armies of Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon besieged Jerusalem and slaughtered all the nobles of Judah. The powerful king ordered the captain of the guard, however, to find the prophet Jeremiah. "See that he isn't hurt," he said. "Look after him well, and give him anything he wants."

Say what????

Come to find out, the LORD had given a message to Jeremiah the prophet while he was in prison. This is what the LORD of Heaven's Armies had said, "I will do to this city everything I have threatened. I will send disaster not prosperity. You will see its destruction, but I will rescue you from those you fear so much. Because you trusted me, I will give you your life as a reward. I will rescue you and keep you safe." Ole Jeremiah learned first hand that trusting God comes with a great benefit package.

O people of the world, trust Jesus! He comes with a great benefit package. "If God be for us, who can ever be against us?" (Romans 8:31)

"You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You." (Isa. 26:3)

"He will not be afraid of evil tidings; his heart is steadfast, trusting in the LORD." (Psalm 112:7)

"When ever I am afraid, I will trust in You." (Psalm 56:3)





0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP