My Anchor Holds

>> Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Winfred and Verna Watson
my beloved parents, 1980s





"...Therefore, we who have fled to Him for refuge can have great confidence as we hold to the hope that lies before us. This hope is a strong and trustworthy anchor for our souls. It leads us through the curtain into God's inner sanctuary. Jesus has already gone in there before us. He has become our eternal High Priest in the order of Melchizedek." (Hebrews 6:18-20 NLT)




Someone I dearly love is caught in a fierce life storm. When I texted, "I love you and am praying for you." He replied, "My anchor holds."

Lawrence Chewning and Ray Boltz wrote:

The anchor holds
Though the ship is battered
The anchor holds
Though the sails are torn

I have fallen on my knees
As I faced the raging sea
The anchor holds
In spite of the storm

I have been young
But I am older now
And there has been beauty
These eyes have seen

But it was in the night
Through the storms of life
Oh, that's where God proved
His love to me

...The anchor holds
In spite of the storm


O beloved, is typhoon trouble raging against you? Cling to Jesus, the Anchor that holds in spite of the storm.

"O afflicted one, storm-tossed, and not comforted. Behold, I will set your stones in antimony, and your foundations I will lay in sapphires...No weapon formed against you will prosper; and every tongue that accuses you in judgment you will condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD..." (Isa. 54:11,17 NASB)



0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP