Run to Win

>> Monday, October 12, 2015

L-R - Maggie and my Rebecca
Across the finish line in the Great Pumpkin Run




"I do everything to spread the Good News and share in its blessings.  Don't you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win...run with purpose in every step!" (1 Cor. 9:23-26a NLT)



On Saturday, our Rebecca and friend, Maggie, ran the 5K Great Pumpkin Run. Out of 873 male and female athletes, my competitive, mom-of-three girl crossed the finish line #54! Woo-hoo! You go girl!

In this dog eat dog world, people compete for highest salary, biggest house, top of the corporate ladder, but the Apostle Paul urged the Corinthians to run God's race - sprint to take the Good News of Jesus to lost and hopeless people. 

At the end of his earthly days, Paul penned, "As for me, my life has already been poured out as an offering to God. The time of my death is near. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, and I have remained faithful. And not the prize awaits me - the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give me on the day of His return. And the prize is not just for me but for all who eagerly look forward to His appearing." (2 Tim. 4:6-8)

Beloved, whose race are you running? Run for God. Run to win!

"We have eternity to tell of victories won for Christ, but we have only a few hours before sunset in which to win them." ~ Jonathan Goforth

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP