Promises, Promises

>> Friday, October 16, 2015

The Rainbow - God's sign of promise
(photo by my Rebecca)




"Now may the God of peace - who brought up from the dead our Lord Jesus, the great Shepherd of the sheep...may He equip you with all you need for doing His will..." (Heb. 13:20-21a NLT)



Twenty-four hours prior to yesterday's book reading, I started getting a cold. Even though the star of Mr. Greenleaf's Unforgettable Summer is a little, green tree frog, I didn't want to sound like one. So I prayed (and sweet friends prayed), "Lord, I believe these book readings are Your will, and You promised to equip us with all we need for doing Your will. Lord, I need a clear voice this afternoon. Help please!" And thanks to Jesus, I didn't cough, sneeze, or croak one time during the Mt. Laurel Library visit.

When the Almighty informed Moses that He was sending him to Pharaoh to bring His people out of captivity in Egypt, Moses argued, "Who am I, that I should go to Pharaoh, and that I should bring the sons of Israel, out of Egypt? I have never been eloquent, for I am slow of speech and tongue."  And the LORD God replied, "Who has made man's mouth? Is it not I the LORD? Now then go, and I, even I, will be with your mouth, and teach you what you are to say."

Beloved, be encouraged. Whatever assignment God marks out before you, He will supply every good thing needed to accomplish it. For "faithful is He who call you, and He also will bring it to pass." (1 Thess. 5:24 NASB)





0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP