Obedience Trumps Feelings

>> Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Popsicles with the cousins, 1987
L-R my nephew Daniel, my Rebecca, my Ben, my Dan, and my niece Virginia




"Today I have given you a choice between life and death, between blessings and curses...Oh that you would choose life...by loving the LORD your God, obeying Him, and committing yourself firmly to Him. This is the key to your life." (Debut. 30:19-20a  NLT)


When our kids were growing up, we told them,  "You don't have to understand, you don't have to agree, but you do have to obey; and there are consequences for intentional disobedience."

The same is true with God, our heavenly Father. We may not completely understand the why of His instructions or feel like doing them; but for life to work, we have to do it God's way. If we refuse, the consequences are dire. Bottomline: obedience trumps feelings every time.

Got troubles? Obey God. Follow feelings; get disaster!

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP