Humble Thyself

>> Thursday, October 1, 2015

"Potter and the Clay"
by talented artist, our own Ben Glassco





"Humble yourself therefore under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time." (1 Peter 5:6)



In an art class at Tusculum College, our Ben was given a lump of clay and instructed, "Make something." For encouragement, I sent him Isaiah 64:8: "And yet, O LORD, You are our Father. We are the clay, and You are the potter. We all are formed by Your hand." Through that Scripture, God inspired Ben's breathtaking sculpture: "Potter and the Clay." 

Isaiah 65:1-3 reads, "the LORD God says, 'I was ready to respond, but no one asked for help. I was ready to be found, but no one was looking for me.' I said, 'Here I am, here I am!' to a nation that did not call on my name. All day long I opened My arms to a rebellious people. But they follow their own evil paths and their own crooked schemes. All day long they insult Me to my face..."

Have mercy on us, O God, and help us humble ourselves in Your holy hand. Beloved, how are you responding to Father God's outstretched arms? 




0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP