He Still Calls Me Sweetie Pie

>> Thursday, July 18, 2019

My Phillip and me
High School Sweetheart Banquet, 1973
First Baptist Church, Fort Payne, Alabama



"My beloved said to me, 'Arise, my darling, my beautiful one, and come away with me.' My beloved is mine, and I am his." (Song of Solomon 2:10,16)


After practically forty-two years of marriage, he still calls me Sweetie Pie and takes me on romantic getaways. We're headed to Fairhope on beautiful Mobile Bay this afternoon.

This morning I read: "The world's longest longitudinal studies show that close relationships, more than money or fame, are what keep people happy through their lives. Close ties protect against discontentment, delay mental and physical decline,  and are better predictors of long and happy lives than social class, IQ, or even genes."

Therefore, beloved, like our Pastor Chris often says to husbands and wives: Add a log to the romantic fire and be intentional about close relationship. Most importantly, continually fan into flame your love for Jesus Christ!

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP