He Leadeth Me

>> Monday, September 16, 2013

This weekend's Gulf of Mexico, Fort Morgan Beach, Alabama
                       
                       "He leadeth me! O blessed tho't!
                                O words with heav'nly comfort fraught!
                        Whate'er I do, where'er, I be, 
                                Still 'tis God's hand that leadeth me!" 1

       When Phillip asked the Lord what to give me for our anniversary this year, the Lord answered with a grand idea: a romantic beach get-away. Thank You, Lord!!! Thank you, Phillip!!! 

      Jesus, our loving and caring Great Shepherd, will lead us beside quiet waters and guide us down paths of righteousness (Psalm 23) if we will follow Him. But Jesus also said, "If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross daily and follow Me" (Luke 9:23).
      I'm realizing more and more how extremely, much more "self" I have yet to deny! 

      Dear Lord Jesus,
              For me to follow you daily, You must increase and I must
      decrease (John 3:30). Please help me, Lord.
                                                                             Amen and amen!
                                                                              

1HE LEADETH ME! O BLESSED THOUGHT. Words, Joseph H. Gilmore, 1862. Tune, William B. Bradbury, 1864.

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP