Walking Home

>> Thursday, September 5, 2013


I'm just a poor wayfaring stranger.      

"Generations" - my parents leading their granddaughters - 1994

I'm traveling through    this world of woe.
Yet there's no sickness, toil nor danger
In that bright world to which I go...

I'm going there to meet my Savior.
To sing His praise forevermore!
I'm just a going over Jordan,
I'm just a going over home. 1

     This past summer, we toured Bluesprings Caverns with our grandkids. Located in Lawrence County, Indiana, this cave is the longest subterranean river in the United States with 21 miles of surveyed passages and 3 miles of navigable river. As we floated along the underground waterway, our guide, Aaron, piped a mesmerizing tune on his native American flute.
     As soon as we returned to Alabama, I ordered a beautifully hand-crafted, cedar, Sparrow Hawk flute from Arizona and yesterday,"mastered" the old folk hymn "I Am a Poor Wayfaring Stranger".

     As this old world becomes increasingly laden with woes, take courage Jesus-people, "for this world is not our permanent home; we are looking forward to a home yet to come! Therefore, let us offer through Jesus a continual sacrifice of praise to God, proclaiming our allegiance to His name. And don't forget to do good and to share with those in need. These are the sacrifices that please God!" (Heb. 13:14-16 NLT)

"Now may the God of peace - who brought up from the dead our Lord Jesus, the great Shepherd of the sheep, and ratified an eternal covenant with His blood - may He equip you with all you need for doing His will. May He produce in you, through the power of Jesus Christ, every good thing that is pleasing to Him. All glory to Him forever and ever! Amen!" (Heb. 13:20-21 NLT)


1 I AM A POOR WAYFARING STRANGER. American spiritual/folk song. Early 1800s.


0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP