Overcoming Fear

>> Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Our granddog, Lucy (photo by Rebecca)
             "For God has not given us a spirit of fear,
                        but of power, 
                                 and of love, 
                                         and a sound mind!"
                                                    (2 Tim. 1:7 NKJ)

        Summer of 2012, Phillip and I volunteered to keep our granddog, Lucy, while my daughter's family went on vacation. Even though she was in the shade, in a spacious pen with plenty of food and water, Lucy cried and cried and cried when her family left her behind. Several times, I went outside to reassure her that she was okay and that her family would come back soon.
        Finally, the crying stopped, so I assumed that the pitiful pup had settled down and gone to sleep. But when I went to check, Lucy was gone! We later learned that she had heard children playing across the lake behind our house, wiggled under the fencing and swam all the way across the lake to those children (probably thinking they were her boys and girl).
         When we told Rebecca and Stephen the story, Stephen said, "But Lucy hates water!"

         Ambrose Redmoon once said, "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the judgment that something else is more important than fear." I like better what the Lord said: "Do not fear, for I am with you; do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand" (Isa. 41:10). 
          Therefore, I pray that we will all learn to courageously overcome fear by trusting, with great confidence, that our all-powerful God is with us and will help us!

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP