My Hilarious Faux Pas

>> Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Miss Spindle (me) and Sweet William, senior play, 1974

"Enthusiasm without knowledge is no good; haste makes mistakes."
(Proverbs 19:2)

     You've probably heard the old saying "think before you speak." Well, yesterday, I undoubtedly spoke before I thought.
      In preparing for my first radio interview to promote Secrets of Shiloh, I had predetermined in my mind that when the show host said, "Good morning" that I would respond with an enthusiastic "And good morning to you!"
      But that shrewd man "tricked" me by saying instead, "Welcome to the show!" And before I knew it, with great haste and no forethought, the ridiculous words "Welcome to you!" spewed from my lips! It was hilarious!!! The poor guy probably thought what kind of cuckoo bird am I interviewing today?

    SO....I encourage you to always think before you speak or perhaps, better yet, say nothing at all! "For even a fool, when he keeps silent, is considered, wise (Prov. 17:28). James, the half brother of Jesus, wisely taught, "be quick to hear, slow to speak, and slow to anger" (James 1:19). 
     And if you make a mess of your words like I did, I hope you will laugh and laugh and laugh and laugh and then learn from your mistake.


0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP