Relentless Love

>> Thursday, September 12, 2013

Our Jamesly in Haiti, 1998 (World Vision Ministries) 
"Jesus prayed, 'O righteous Father, although the world has not known You, yet I have known You; and these have known that You sent Me; and I have made Your name known to them, and will make it known, so that the love with which You loved Me may be in them, and I in them.'" 
(John 17:25-26)

     I'm reading Katie Davis' New York Times bestseller Kisses from Katie. O my! Through her incredible story of relentless love, God has gripped my heart and won't let go.
     Katie journaled:
     "Sometimes working in a Third World country makes me feel like I am emptying the ocean with an eyedropper. And just when I  have about half a cup full of water it rains: more orphaned children...more abandoned...babies...more people infected with HIV...love is the reason I just keep filling up my little eyedropper, keep filling it up and emptying my ocean one drop at a time. I'm not here to eliminate poverty, to eradicate disease, to put a stop to people abandoning babies. I'm just here to love."

    God doesn't call everyone to Uganda, Africa, but He does call everyone. Today, let us relentlessly carry out the purpose to which we are called: love, love, love people!

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP