Weeds in My Garden

>> Friday, September 20, 2013

My neglected garden

"But seek first (God's) kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you." (Matt. 6:33)

       I planned to weed my neglected garden on this beautiful fall day, but during our visit this morning, God gave me my "to do" list:

1. Tell My story again to your dear friend in Japan and pray for her
2. Start writing that next storybook (you've been dragging your feet, Jill)
3. Call your cousin and sing Happy Birthday (I'm really supposed to sing, Lord?? Yes, Jill, make a joyful noise!)
4. Write notes of encouragement to your prayer partner and your uncle
5. Finish shopping for your grandson's birthday
6. Follow up on Phillip's advice (you know what I'm talking about)
7. And then, you may weed that garden

       Yes, Sir! What joy it is to serve You, my Lord and Master!

       Which "to do" list are you working on today? Yours or God's?

"Oh, how great are God's riches and wisdom and knowledge! How impossible it if for us to understand His decisions and His ways! For who can know the Lord's thoughts? Who knows enough to give Him advice? And who has given Him so much that He needs to pay it back? For everything comes from Him and exists by His power and is intended for His glory! All glory to Him forever! Amen and amen!!!" (Rom. 11:33-36)

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP