Peas in a Pod

>> Monday, April 27, 2015

My five-year-old grandson posing for the storybook illustration
Fall 2014




"Then he said, 'Jesus, remember me when You come into your Kingdom.'" 
"And Jesus replied, 'I assure you, today  you will be with Me in paradise." (Luke 23:42-43)

When our five-year-old grandson recently attended the funeral of a dear, family friend, he had a difficult time reconciling her being with Jesus when he could clearly see a body still on earth. I think this clever epitaph explains it well:

Under this sod, beneath these trees,
Lies the pod of Solomon Pease.
Pease isn't here, only his pod.
For Pease shelled out, and went up to God.

Solomon Pease, the thief on the cross, and my grandchildren's beloved friend all went straight to God because they were in Christ Jesus. 

"For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all will be made alive." (1 Cor. 15:22)

Beloved, Jesus isn't one way to God; He's the only way.

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through Me." (John 14:6)

Therefore, put all your trust in Jesus.

"...Believe in Me, and understand that I alone am God. There is no other God - there never has been, and there never will be. I, yes I, am the LORD, and there is no other Savior," says the LORD (Isaiah 43:10b-11)

And that's the truth, so help me God!

"Yes, we are fully confident, and we would rather be away from these earthly bodies for then we will be at home with the Lord." (2 Cor. 5:8)


"Isaac" from Mr. Greenleaf's Unforgettable Summer
by my friend and talented artist, Dawn Copeland







0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP