Do as I Did

>> Wednesday, April 12, 2017

My daddy and my Ben
1990ish






Jesus said, "I have given you an example to follow. Do as I have done to you." (John 13:15)



If you've followed this blog for awhile, you've heard our family's screen door story. When our Ben was about eight years old, he karate kicked a hole in his pawpaw's screen door. My daddy calmly but very firmly said, "Come on, boy, you and I are going to fix a screen door."

Before His last Passover celebration, Jesus knew that His hour had come to leave this world and return to His Father in heaven. He had loved His disciples during His ministry and would love them to the end. 

After their last supper together, Jesus got up from the table, took off His robe, wrapped a towel around His waist, poured water into a basin, and began to wash His twelve disciples' feet.

"You don't understand now what I am doing, but someday you will," Jesus said. "You call Me 'Teacher' and 'Lord,' and you are right. And since I, your Lord and Teacher have washed your feet, you ought to wash each other's feet. I have given you an example to follow. Do as I have done to you. Now that you know these things, God will bless you for doing them." (from John 13:1-17)



Today, beloved, follow your Savior and Lord's example. Find someone to serve in love.




0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP