Never

>> Wednesday, April 5, 2017

L-R Gabe and Bell
Coosa River Farm last Saturday





"Peter declared, 'Even if everyone else deserts you, I will never desert you!" (Matt. 26:33)





Never.

Nope.

Don't wanna a dog.

We'll never get another dog.

Until...

two springs ago, God dropped a beautiful black lab on our river cabin back porch.

Our Bell.

Never thought I'd see the day that I'd buy a birthday present for a dogHappy 3rd birthday, Bell. You're a good 'ne. A sweet gift from God.


On the way to the Mt. of Olives in the gospel of Matthew chapter 26, Jesus told His disciples, "You'll all desert Me this very night. For the Scriptures say, 'God will strike the Shepherd, and the sheep of the flock will be scattered.'" 

But reckless Peter boasted, "Not me! No way, Jose! I'll never abandon You, Lord!"

Jesus replied, "Peter, My boy, the truth be told, you'll run like a rabbit with a coyote hot on its trail before the rooster crows three times."  (AJT - a Jill translation)

And he did.

Only our omniscient, all-knowing God can say never and it stand true forever. Today Jesus says, "Beloved, I tell you the truth. I will never fail you. I will never abandon you." So we can say with confidence, "The LORD is my helper, so I will not fear." (Heb. 13:5-6)




0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP