Keep Watch and Pray, Pray, Pray

>> Thursday, April 13, 2017

"Let us pray"
(our grandboy cousins, 2017)





"Keep watch and pray, so that you do not give in to temptation. For the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak." (Matt. 26:41)



Before Glassco family meals we sing:

"The Lord is good to me.
And so I thank the Lord
For giving me 
The things I need,
The sun and the rain and the appleseed.
The Lord is good to me.
Amen!!!"

Then the wee grands clap their little hands, and we all cheer "YEA!" for Jesus.

After the last supper on the night before His crucifixion, Jesus and His disciples sang a hymn and went out to the Mount of Olives into a garden called Gethsemane. Jesus said, "Sit here while I go over there to pray," but He took  His three closest friends with Him.

In anguish and distress, He told Peter, James, and John, "My soul is crushed with grief to the point of death. Stay here and keep watch with Me."

Jesus went on a little farther and bowed His face to the ground, praying, "My Father! If it is possible, let this cup of suffering be taken away from me. Yet I want Your will to be done, not mine."

When He returned to Peter, James, and John, Jesus found them sleeping  and said to Peter, "Couldn't you watch with Me even one hour? Keep watch and pray, so that you do not enter into temptation. For the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak."

Beloved, are you watching and praying? Or are you sleeping through the battle between good and evil, truth and lies, everlasting life and eternal death, God's kingdom of Light and Satan's kingdom of darkness?

Wake up!

Keep watch!

Pray!

Pray!

Pray!



0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP