I'm Not Enough

>> Friday, April 7, 2017

The Whole Silly Glassco Gang
June 2016



"And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that always having all sufficiency in everything, you may have an abundance for every good deed." (2 Cor. 9:8)



This week, that ol' devil weaseled his way into my thoughts. "You're not enough, Jill. You don't pray enough. You don't love enough. You don't wield the sword of God's word enough. You're not talented enough. You don't witness enough. Just face it, you're simply not enough."

He's right, you know. I'm not enough. But the nasty scoundrel omitted a very important piece of information: God is more than enough! Hallelujah!

When I can't - when I don't - Almighty God can and does. He intercedes with groaning that cannot be expressed with words. His never-ending mercies are new every morning. Greater is He than anybody or anything. I am weak, however, Jesus is forever strong.

The Apostle Paul wrote: "God's power works best in my weakness. So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the  power of Christ can work through me. I actually take pleasure in my weaknesses, in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am dynamite-strong in Him. His all-sufficient grace is all  I need!" (2 Cor. 12:9-10)

Forget your I can'ts,  beloved, and focus on the God cans!

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP