A Light Unto My Path

>> Wednesday, January 17, 2018

McCormick Creek State Park
(Photo by our Rebecca)

"Your word is lamp to my feet and a light unto my path." (Psalm 119:105)



Fall 2003, our Ben was a student at Jeff State Community College in Birmingham and hadn't played football in 2 year when he told his dad, "I think I can still kick. I'm gonna practice and tryout for a scholarship." Three months later, he tried out at Tusculum College and when the head football coach offered him a scholarship, he panicked and called home.


Ben: "Mama, what should I do?"

Me: "What's God saying?"

Ben: "I don't know."

Me: "What's the last thing He told you?"

Ben: "Make the most of every opportunity and try to find out and do whatever the Lord wants you to do" (Ephesians 5:16-17).

Me: "I think you've got His answer. Go for it!"




We serve a talking God, beloved. Are you paying attention?

"So we have the prophetic word made more sure, to which you do well to pay attention as to a lamp shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star arises in your hearts." (2 Peter 1:19)



0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP