He Takes Care of Me

>> Wednesday, January 24, 2018

My superman and me
2015


"I am your God and will take care of you until you are old and your hair is gray. I made you and will care for you; I will give you help and rescue you." (Isaiah 46:4)


5:41 a.m. text: "I'm at church. Just locked my keys in the car." (sad face)

6:23 a.m., my Phillip sat down beside me - with my keys. (happy face)


My man takes care of me.

~

In the 46th chapter of Isaiah, the prophet describes Bel and Nebo, the little "g" gods of Babylon, being hauled away on ox carts. 

"The poor beasts stagger under the weight," writes Isaiah. "Both the idols and their owners are bowed down because the gods cannot protect the people, and the people cannot protect the gods. So they go off to captivity together."

Then Yahweh, the big "G" God of Israel, speaks:

"Listen to Me, all you [people]. I have cared for you since you were born. Yes, I carried you before you were born. I will be your God throughout your lifetime - until your hair is white with age."

There is a God in heaven, beloved. In the Old Testament, His name is Yahweh. In the New Testament, His name is Jesus. And He takes care of those who know and love Him. Do you know Jesus?

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP