Elsewhere

>> Thursday, January 11, 2018

Waterside Inn
Sanibel Island, Florida



"Then Jesus turned to the Twelve and asked, 'Are you also going to leave?' Peter replied, 'Lord, to whom would we go? You have the words that give eternal life. We believe, and we know you are the Holy One of God." (John 6:67-69)


For Christmas, my sweet Phillip gave me a trip to elsewhere:  Sanibel Island, one of our favorite romanic-getaway spots.

At today's Day #5 prayer service for 21 Days of Prayer and Fasting, Pastor Mark Pettus challenged followers of Jesus Christ to stand steadfast in dependence on God and to examine ourselves to see if there's any area of life that we're looking elsewhere than Jesus for help, hope, contentment, or joy.

Nothing satisfies like Jesus,
Bread of life to mortals given;
May His presence now refresh us
Like the morning dew from heaven!

Give me Jesus,
Give me Jesus
Take the world, but give me Jesus,
To satisfy with ev'ry blessing,
His love and peace my soul possessing;
To all beside, my heart replies:
There's naught but Jesus satisfies! 1

Prayer service online at:


1 NOTHING SATISFIES BUT JESUS, Lelia (Mrs. C. H.) Morris (1862-1929).

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP