Behind the Smiles

>> Thursday, January 18, 2018

Mama's 80th birthday, April 21, 2000
L-R: Mama, me, my Ben, niece Virginia, brother Mark, niece Alyson






"But the Lord stood with me and gave me strength...He rescued me from certain death. Yes, and the Lord will deliver me from every evil attack and will bring me safely into His heavenly Kingdom. All glory to God forever and ever! Amen." (2 Timothy 4:17-18)


This bitter-cold week, my Phillip has been transferring old, home-movie VHS tapes to our computer cloud. Amongst the sweet memories is my dear mother's 80th birthday party. When a past recollection surfaced that behind my smile that day was a mama in turmoil over her teenager's shenanigans, pain tried to grip my soul again.

Thanksgiving, however, came to the rescue. 

Lord Jesus, as I look back toward the mountains of days gone by, thank You for the journey - the blessed heights and Your deliverances from the low valleys of humiliation.  

Painful memories of the past haunting you, beloved? Give thanks and praise to Jesus, the Great Shepherd, who carries you through the valleys!  

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP