Have You Met Jehovah Jireh?

>> Friday, January 19, 2018






"God will provide a sheep for the burnt offering, my son," Abraham answered. And they both walked on together. (Genesis 22:8)


Because Amazon Prime's two-day delivery promise flubbed when I ordered Hannah Anderson's Humble Roots last week, this week, I'm reading Deron Spoo's The Good Book instead. In chapter five, Spoo writes:

"The Hebrew phrase for 'The Lord Will Provide' is Jehovah Jireh - a name for God well known to those who have experienced His provision in their own times of need."

Abraham and Isaac met Jehovah Jireh in the land of Moriah when God stuck a ram in the bushes to replace Isaac on the altar of sacrifice. Years ago, My Phillip and I met Jehovah Jireh when a failed land and timber business left just a few dollars in the bank, but God kept a roof over our heads and food on the table for five.

Some pretty remarkable things happened after we met Jehovah Jireh:

  • We lost all confidence in self-sufficiency.
  • We gained deep trust in God, His financial commandments, and His generous provision.
  • Tithes and offerings to our Lord and Savior became an honor and privilege rather than a burden or dreaded duty. 
In a place of financial desperation, beloved? I'd like for you to meet my God, Jehovah Jireh, and I'd like to encourage you to obey His financial commandments (Malachi 3:8-10). When you do, "this same God who takes care of me will supply your needs from His glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus. Now all glory to God our Father forever and ever! Amen." (Philippians 4:19)

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP