The Rest of the Story

>> Wednesday, January 3, 2018

grandboy, granddaddy, and granddog






"But you, O LORD, are a shield around me; you are my glory, the one who holds my head high. I cried out to the LORD, and He answered me from His holy mountain. Selah. I lay down and slept, yet I woke up in safety, for the LORD was watching over me." (Psalm 3:3-5) 



Last week, I blogged that our family get-together sat on hold because a flu-like virus had spread at our son-in-law's family gathering. The end of the story...

The Lord stayed the "plague." 

Sick ones recovered. 

Well ones escaped unscathed.

All our kids and grands enjoyed a few days of good fellowship, fun, food, and football - TOGETHER.

(And, yes, the sour-cream-chocolate-chip pound cake was finally baked and every last crumb was eaten.)

All praise and thanksgiving to Almighty God, the protective shield who answers prayers!

Happy and healthy New Year to you, beloved! May you live 2018 in the shelter of the Most High and find rest in the shadow of the Almighty. May you declare: He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; He is my God and I trust Him.


0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP