Kicking Against the Goads!

>> Friday, May 17, 2013

My Dan just before he scored, 1994





“I heard a voice saying to me…, ‘…Why are you persecuting me? It is hard for you to kick against the goads.’” (Acts 26:14)



         Kicking a ball toward the soccer goal is a good thing, but kicking a goad is not! According to Wikipedia, a goad is long stick with a pointed end – a farming tool used to spur or guide livestock, usually oxen, which are pulling a plough or cart. The ancient Greek proverb, “to kick against the goads”, refers to useless resistance – the ox succeeds only in hurting itself.
         God’s taught me that my eating processed sugar, high levels of salt, and fatty foods is in fact useless resistance to His best plan for my good health. In consuming these “poisons”, I only succeed in hurting myself: kicking against the goads if you will.
         I must confess that at Tuesday’s dinner at a Mexican restaurant, I kicked against the goads. All night, I paid the consequences, and therefore, I repent in Jesus’ name! It’s back to whole grains, fresh fruit and veggies, and lean meat for me!
         When it comes to caring for your body, the temple of the God, are you kicking against the goads?


“Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God and that you are not your own? For you have been bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body.” (1 Cor. 6:19-20)

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP