Worm Bed

>> Monday, May 6, 2013

My Worm Bed on Chancellors Ferry Tree Farm
“I remember your genuine faith, for you share the faith that first filled your grandmother…and your mother…. And I know that the same faith continues strong in you.” (2 Tim. 1:5)


         After digging for bait in the worm bed behind Granddaddy’s house, we’d hop in his old, grey pickup that smelt of pipe tobacco and head for the pond on his farm on Fruit Farm Road atop Lookout Mountain. I loved going fishing with my granddaddy!
         Yesterday, on our tree farm on the Coosa River, my sweet Phillip helped me build a worm bed: a happy-memory-making spot for our children and grandchildren.

Oh, Lord,
I pray that more than fishing trips, sour-cream-chocolate-chip pound cakes, bicycles rides, or vacations, this mother and grandmother will be remembered first and foremost for a genuine, deep love for and faith in YOU! May the generations that follow me love You more!
               In Jesus’ name, Amen and Amen. 

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP