Where Are You Lord???

>> Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Photo snapped by a game camera on Chancellor Ferry Tree Farm


            “As the deer longs for streams of water, so I long for you, O God.” 
                                                   (Psalm 42:1 NLT)

         My heart felt as grey as the skies overhead on that stormy day in 1988. I finished loading clothes in the washing machine, and then cried out in desperation, “Where are You, Lord?”
With those fretful words still on my lips, the clouds outside suddenly opened, allowing a brilliant ray of sunlight to shoot through the window and hit me full in the face; and then, just as quickly, they closed over the sun again.
         “Jill, just as you know the sun is there but you can’t see it for the clouds, know that I am always with you but you just can’t sense it for your cloud of troubles,” Father God said to His storm-tossed daughter.

“But each day the Lord pours His unfailing love upon me, and through each night I sing His songs, praying to God who gives me life.” (Psalm 42:8 NLT)

“My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth! He will not let you stumble; the one who watches over you will not slumber…never slumber or sleep. The Lord Himself watches over you! The Lord stands beside you as your protective shade.” (Psalm 121:2-5 NLT)

I will never leave you. I will never abandon you. So we say with confidence, 'The Lord is my helper, so I will have no fear. What can mere people do to me?'

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP