Neck Check!

>> Thursday, May 23, 2013

My brave, leatherneck son, 2009

           “Leathernecks” is a historical title of honor for US Marines. From 1798 until 1872, Marines wore a uniform that contained a stiff leather collar, called “The Stock”, which held a Marine’s neck erect while on parade.
            “Stiff-necked”, on the other hand, is a Biblical term of rebuke. Displeased with Aaron’s rebellion, God stated, “I have seen this people, and indeed it is a stiff-necked people.” (Ex. 32:9 NKJV)
            Yesterday, a couple of people bugged me, got under my skin, sat on my last nerve, if you will. When I woke up this morning, my neck was a bit stiff.
                               Hmmmmm….

            “Lord, am I acting “stiff-necked” in anyway?” I asked.
            The very next verse in my Bible reading: “Do NOT be agitated – it can only bring harm.” (Psalm 37:8b HCS)
            “Yes Sir! I confess and repent of agitation, irritability, and frustration, in Jesus name! I choose to love and be patience and kindness.”

                                        How’s your neck today?

“If I could speak all the languages of earth and of angels, but didn’t love others, I would only be a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal…Love is patient and kind. Love is not…rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged.” (1 Cor. 13:1-4 NLT)

            

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP