Hidden Treasure!

>> Wednesday, May 1, 2013

My precious family in 1986





“Now we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us.”  2 Cor. 4:7


            Knowing Bible stories versus understanding the Word of God is like seeing an apple versus tasting it. Although I “grew up in church”, I’d never been a student of God’s Treasure Book until coming face to face with disaster in 1986: three little mouths to feed and a business speeding, out of control, toward a head on collision with bankruptcy.
            God had my full attention. While studying His Bible as if I were preparing for final exams, I discovered 1 Cor. 10:13: “No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man (i.e. Jill, you’re not the first person to face this kind of trouble); and God is faithful (i.e. God is faithful), who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide a way of escape (i.e. Jill, I know the way out. Just use My Word as a road map and follow Me), so that you will be able to endure it.”
We did. He did.

God’s Word is a lamp for our feet, a light for our path (Psalm 119:105). For all Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness (2 Tim. 3:16).
Do you have a Bible? Read it. Dig through those hallowed pages and discover God’s hidden treasures! Study it. Meditate on it, everyday. Listen for God’s voice, and consider, contemplate, and pay attention to what He’s telling you! Teach it to your children, for heaven’s sake!
You don’t have a Bible? Get one!
You can’t afford a Bible? I’ll send you one, free of charge. Just leave a comment on this post or email me at: misjill413@aol.com 

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP