My Friend, Cynthia

>> Thursday, May 9, 2013

Cynthia Marie Gordon Carriere: March 28, 1956 - April 8, 2013
Memorial Service
Thursday, May 9, 2013, 1:00 p.m.
Church of the Highlands Greystone
Fireside Room



“My beloved responded and said to me, “Arise, my darling, my beautiful one, and come along. For behold, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone. The flowers have already appeared in the land…and the voice of the turtledove has been heard…Arise…my beautiful one, and come along!” 
(Song of Solomon 2:10-13)

         I don’t think anyone can deny that my friend, Cynthia, was known as a woman of beauty! She always looked as if she had just stepped out of a fashion magazine, and if someone couldn’t place her by name, all you had to say is, “You know – that beautiful African American lady with the gorgeous clothes and pretty hats!” And they’d quickly reply, ”Oh, I know exactly who you’re talking about!”
         Not only did Cynthia possess visible beauty, but her inner being was clothed with a gentle, kind, gracious, sweet-tempered, and quiet spirit, that inner heart where this daughter of the King connected with her heavenly Father. Even on her sickbed, when she could barely move, her beautiful face was radiant with the joy of the Lord, and everybody who visited her was blessed.
Well done, Cynthia! You fought the good fight, finished the course, kept the faith (2 Tim. 4:7) served the purposes of God in your own generation (Acts 13:36), and have entered into the joy of your Master (Matt. 25:23)!
We love you, Cynthia!



0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP