Lesson #1

>> Tuesday, May 19, 2015

My lesson #1
Yesterday, after asking the LORD for strength to run with endurance the race set before me, not fretting over obstacles along the journey, but rather following Him with joy, a sprinkler repair man came to our house. He dug up our broken connector station (which had been damaged by a moving company) and then informed me that he needed to move on to the next appointment and would come back later to finish the job, which would be May 27th - ten days later!

Immediately, emotions (joy not being one of them) boiled up within me, so I prayed again. In my spirit, I heard God whisper, "I'm answering your prayers, Jill. Here's strength-training-not-fretting-joy-in-the-LORD lesson #1!" 


On Christian radio, later in the day, I heard Ecclesiastes 7:9 quoted twice: 

"Do not be quickly provoked in your spirit, for anger resides in the lap of fools." (Ecclesiastes 7:9)


"Do not be quickly provoked in your spirit, for anger resides in the lap of fools." (Ecclesiastes 7:9)

And the moral of this story is: obstacles along the way can be aggravations or opportunities. The choice is ours!










0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP