SO - Mama said there'll be days like this.

>> Wednesday, May 6, 2015


My beautiful mama (inside and out) and me, 1959






"Cultivate inner beauty, the gentle, gracious kind that God delights in. The holy women of old were beautiful before God that way, and were good, loyal wives to their husbands...You'll be true daughters of Sarah if you do the same, unanxious and unintimidated." (1 Peter 3:4-6 The Message)



I didn't know "nothing 'bout birthin' no puppies" until two days ago. Did you know that mama dogs get upset tummies (diarrhea) the day after their puppies are born? 

This "process of nature" started for Bell yesterday evening about 5:00 p.m.; and SO throughout the night, my Phillip and I ran up and down the back steps to let Bell out of her pen and into the woods. 

This morning, while I was still running up and down the back steps to let Bell out of her pen and into the woods, I was also trying to get ready for a 9:30 visit to a 4th grade class at Briarwood Presbyterian School to share Mr. Greenleaf's Unforgettable Summer.

And while I was running up and down the back steps to let Bell out of her pen and into the woods and trying to get ready for a 9:30 visit to a 4th grade class at Briarwood Presbyterian School to share Mr. Greenleaf's Unforgettable Summer, our friend, Hunter, arrived to cut the grass. Since today is Hunter's payday, I ran outside amongst the mowing and blowing to give him his check. Well, it just SO happens that I'm allergic to fresh-cut grass and dust. SO, I ran back inside and took an extra allergy tablet - which just SO happens to also be a diuretic. 

SO, as I was running up and down the back steps to let Bell out of her pen and into the woods and trying to get ready for a 9:30 visit to a 4th grade class at Briarwood Presbyterian School to share Mr. Greenleaf's Unforgettable Summer, I was also running to do what diuretics make you do - all the while singing the old classic by the Shirelles, "Mama said there'll be days like this. There'll be days like this Mama said."

SO, ladies, when our world shakes, rattles, and rolls, will we choose to fret in anxiety and intimidation or maintain a gentle, quiet spirit that is precious in the sight of the Lord? I vote for the latter, SO help me God! (Rather, so HELP me God!)

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP