Mrs. Willowkins' Mix-up

>> Thursday, May 14, 2015

"Mrs. Willowkins" from Mr. Greenleaf's Unforgettable Summer
illustration by my friend and talented artist, Dawn Copeland








"For we know that God causes everything to work together for good of those who love God and are called according to His purpose for them." (Romans 8:28 NLT)




(Because I'm too embarrassed to tell you, Mrs. Willowkins and Mr. Greenleaf volunteered to share today's story.)



"Are we there yet?" said Mr. Greenleaf. The little, green tree frog could hardly contain his excitement and eagerness to visit Knollwood Christian School.

"It won't be long, dear," said Mrs. Willowkins. "We're coming into Sylacauga now."

"Splendid!" said the froggy. 

Hopping circles around the spacious, wire carrier that Mr. Willowkins had fashioned just for him, he sang,

"My feet want to dance,
My heart wants to sing!
Today, I'll finally hear
The school bell ring."

"I see the sign," exclaimed Mrs. Willowkins happily. "We're here, Mr. Greenleaf!"

Mrs. Willowkins loaded snacks for the children, books, and Mr. Greenleaf into her little pull cart and trotted into the school. In the office, a lady behind the counter said, "May I help you?"

"Hello, my name is Martha Willowkins," said Mrs. Willowkins. "Mr. Greenleaf and I are here for the book reading."

The kind lady had a rather blank look on her pretty face. "Oh," she said. "We weren't expecting you."

"But our visit has been scheduled for weeks and weeks,"  explained Mrs. Willowkins. "Pastor Williams invited us."

"Pastor Williams?" she said. "I'm so, so sorry, ma'am, but Pastor Williams is at the other Knollwood Christian School - in Mobile, Alabama."

"Mobile!" piped Mr. Greenleaf. "That's approximately six hours away! We'll never make it! My, my, my, Mrs. Willowkins. Oh, what a blunder! Oh, what a misunderstanding! What ever shall we do?"

Mr. Greenleaf looked anxiously at Mrs. Willowkins, who stared in bewilderment at the kind lady behind the front desk, who smiled sweetly and said, "God has His reasons for everything. Perhaps He brought you to us today. You shall speak to our students this morning!"

After extending a heart-felt apology over the telephone to Pastor Williams in Mobile, Mrs. Willowkins and Mr. Greenleaf had a delightful visit with the students at Knollwood Christian School in Sylacauga, and hope to have the opportunity in the fall to visit Knollwood Christian School in Mobile.







0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP