God Promises

>> Wednesday, May 4, 2016

L-R my brother Mark, Mama, my Rebecca, and my niece Virginia
1990s



"...I am going to prepare a place for you. When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with Me where I am." (John 14:2-3)


When mother's breast cancer metastasized to bone cancer, the doctor gave her a six to eight month prognosis and told us to call hospice. But Jesus gave me a promise: I'll open a window of time. She'll feel good for a while, and then the end will come quickly.

God's promise trumped the doctor's prognosis. She lived five more years, tending her flowers and even mowing her lawn, and then went home to Jesus.

Today's God-promises are tomorrow's facts. "Never doubt in the darkness what [Jesus] told you in the light." ~ Pastor Larry Stockstill

0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP