Memaw Summer Camp - Day 4

>> Thursday, May 26, 2016

My little "camper" at the zoo




"Who is the King of glory? The LORD, strong and mighty; the LORD,  invisible in battle." (Psalm 24:8)



Lesson #3: My God is so BIG, so strong, and so mighty, there's nothing my God cannot do!

From Mr. Greenleaf's Unforgettable Summer:

     “Fern,” said Mr. Greenleaf, “you won’t believe what just happened. I’ve unquestionably survived yet another hair-raising adventure with Mrs. Willowkins. Not that I have hair to raise, mind you. But if I did, I’m quite certain it would be sticking straight up like the black plume of a Mountain Quail - although the quail’s plume is most indubitably a feather and not hair. Nonetheless, I tell you truthfully that I’ve weathered another spine-tingling ordeal! A torrent of water washed me from the handle hollow onto foreign soil. Instantly, the brave she-human wheedled me back onto the watering pot, and then she rapidly carted me up a steep incline, past the Croaker-infested fishpond, and up Big-Blue Mountain; and I dare say, faster than a wild cheetah in the grasslands of Africa!”

            Fern stood completely dumbfounded.

            “Mrs. Willowkins talked to the Lord throughout the entire mission,” said Mr. Greenleaf. “However, this time, she called Him by a special name – Jesus. And when she had me to safe haven, Mrs. Willowkins said as plain as day, ‘Thank You, Lord Jesus.’ I believe that’s the most beautiful name I’ve ever heard – Jesus. What a remarkable day at the end of this unforgettable summer. The Lord is God, and He made everything. The Lord is my Guide, and His name is Jesus!”


0 comments:

Blog Archive

    © Wonderful Storybooks. Friends Forever Template by Emporium Digital 2009

Back to TOP